Health Workers Under Fire - Minister for Defence, Hon Marise Payne responds to MAPW letter of concern
On December 4th 2016, MAPW President, Dr Margaret Beavis wrote to the Minister for The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Hon Julie Bishop MP and the Minister for Defence, Hon Marise Payne, regarding the implementation of UN Resolution 2286, adopted on May 3rd 2016, relating to the protection of medical care in armed conflict and
- Recommendation 2. Reinforcing national legislative frameworks,
- Recommendation 8. Reporting on the implementation of Security Council resolution 2286 (2016)
- Recommendation 9. Adopting, reviewing, revising and implementing operational precautionary measures
- Recommendation 11. Ensuring full, prompt, impartial, independent and effective investigations into serious violations of international law relating to the protection of medical care in armed conflict
- Recommendation 12. Ensuring that individuals suspected of perpetrating serious violations of international law relating to the protection of medical care in armed conflict are prosecuted.
We have received this response on behalf of Hon Marise Payne from JJ Frewen AM, Major General – Head Military Strategic Commitments.