Workshop: nuclear risks of Australia's US bases
This workshop follows the successful public meeting held in June, and marks Nagasaki Day, the anniversary of the second atomic bombing of Japan.
- Professor Richard Tanter(who spoke at that meeting) will discuss in more detail the possible links between Australia's US bases and shared facilities, and nuclear weapons.
- Dimity Hawkins is an anti-nuclear campaigner who has written extensively on international treaties designed to rid the world of nuclear weapons. She will discuss how our growing links with the US military fits with our international obligations to stop the spread of nuclear weapons.
- There'll be time for questions, and discussion of how to share this information
- Date: Thursday 9 August
- Time: 6.00 for tea and coffee: then 6.30pm to 8.00pm,
- Venue: Meeting Room 1, Trades Hall (enter from 54 Victoria Street).
- Organised by: MAPW with other members of the Victorian network opposing US bases
- Flyer: Please download and distribute
- Queries and RSVP: email email@example.com or call MAPW on 0431 475 465. RSVPs appreciated if possible.